May 29, 2008

Potty Time!

We have been working with Gavin on the potty... and our parenting style has always been very laid back. It works for us. :)
We started out with putting Gavin on the potty before bath time; sometimes he went, sometimes he didn't. We made a big deal when he did and when he didn't it was ok.
We moved on to big boy pull ups a couple weeks ago (when the diapers ran out) and used them not as diapers but as big boy pants. He was very good about telling us when he had to potty (pee only)
Gavin has been pee-peeing in the potty for the past 2 days straight; big boy pull-ups for naps and bedtime but BIG BOY pants during the day. Yesterday, when we ventured out of the house, I put a pull up on him to be on the safe side (no accidents though!).
But the BIG NEWS was yesterday after our errand to Target; we got home and Gavin told me that he had to potty. I was in the kitchen and he came out and told me "Mommy, I pooped in the potty!" I never thought I'd be so excited about poo!! :) He went all by himself... I was so proud! We called Daddy and told him (the guys at work thought it was hilarious... they don't get it yet.. they will!)
Today we went to Monkey Joes with BIG BOY pants on and did not have any accidents! He event went to the potty there! Today was a full day with the BIG BOY pants on... except for nap (which was dry when he woke up!)
We're on a great road and I am so excited to know that Ryan and I can handle these things in our own ways...
Now to the money that we will b saving on diapers.. hmmmm!!
(yeah right!! going right into the gas tank!)

1 comment:

Nana said...

YEA!!!! We are so proud of our BIG BOY. With all that diaper "gas" money,I wonder where the Leach family might take a road trip to?!