Sep 2, 2008

Beach Trip

We're home... back to the daily grind! Many of your might have read this post already on my other blog, sorry for repeating it here. I have laundry to get done :)

We had a fantastic time... we picked up Nana and Papa at the Tampa Airport and were welcomed into St. Pete with a full on thunder storm. I thought I left Orlando and all that Fay had to offer? But it was the ONLY day that it rained while we were there (except for the day we left... which was fitting)

Out condo was awesome... right on the beach... access to the pool and no holes in the ceiling (LOL) We did have a few "plumbing" issues in my parents bathroom that the management took care of.. the hot water tank busted! But all you can do it look back a laugh... right Mom? :)

We were right on the bottom floor!

Gavin turned into a fish... he was not afraid of the water (last Memorial Day you could not get him near the waves) and he was swimming like Michael Phelps! I was so proud!

This was right after we arrived... Gavin couldn't wait to jump into the ocean... clothes and all!

Yes, mommy took this picture... WOW!!

Summer Olympics 2024

He also made a "pool friend" named Jude.. aka Dude. What a funny kid.. his family drove down from Indiana and Gavin had a blast playing with him.

Thanks Dude.. I mean Jude!
Pool Buddies!

One of the most fun we had was playing my Dad's Wii! Even Gavin got into it with bowling!

Alright!

Got it!
Perfect form!

Or course, the most exciting part of the trip (for me) was the PACI FREE PART! We are completely free of the paci... our plan worked!! The first night was the easiest since Gavin was so distracted with all the fun... and his new CAR BED (thanks Nana and Papa!)
He asked about it a couple times... but he told him that the Paci Fairy took them all and that the store woudln't sell him one because he was such a big boy!

First night without the PACI!

7 comments:

fsumonique said...

welcome back! Congrats, big boy gavin, on no paci!

Ross & Tricia McLain said...

Hurray! Hurray! It is a celebration. great job Katy & Ryan for holding to it. You are amazing parents!

The Bertsch Family said...

Yea for no Paci!! Glad your trip was fun. I love Gavin's Car bed. Where did your parents get it? We are going on a trip soon and Jack would love a bed like that!

Unknown said...

Sounded like you all had a blast!

Sarah Marie & Adam Robert said...

I am glad the weather was nice for you. Great pictures!

Sarah Marie & Adam Robert said...

Great Pictures I am glad the weather was good!

GerryG said...

We are so proud of you G-Man...not more paci...good job big boy!

XOXOXO~Love you G-Man!
Jillian (NOT JILLYBEAN) and her Momma Gerry~