Feb 28, 2009

Boys will be Boys

One thing that I have learned with Gavin is that boys can hurt themselves by doing NOTHING... they fall out of chairs, they trip over their feet, they bust their lip while at a drum circle! Yes, the latter happened to Gavin last night at the monthly Ten Thousand Villages Drum Circle... we were having a great time... Gavin was given a special drum to play by Mr. Jason (the drum circle leader) BONGOS!







He was dancing and loving every minute of it... and then suddenly BAM!! he fell and smacked his face right into a stack of tables that had been folded up. :( Poor little guy... he was screaming... the entire drum circle stopped. I picked him up and raced to the restroom... not sure what I would find once we washed away the blood.

It was a tough one... he was crying...he wanted his daddy... he wanted something to eat... he wanted to go home... he wanted to stay... he didn't want the drum circle man to see him...

I called Ryan who was on his way to meet us at the Drum Circle and told him to head home...
"We had an accident..."
"Oh yeah? Pee or poo?"
"Blood."

We got home, with a M&M McFlurry in hand (ice cream to soothe the busted lip) and started to really clean him up.



His injuries are bad... but not as bad as they COULD have been... busted bottom lip, abrasion on his chin, cut in his nose and right above his lip. My tough little man is doing good and healing well... I know that we will have more of these "scares" as he gets older... I'm just glad that his guardian angel is by his side 24-7!

1 comment:

Nana said...

Kiss those boo boo's for me. I know it must have hurt.