Feb 27, 2009

A rite of passage

Our good friends Dana, Justin and BIG Sam invited us to join them on Saturday to celebrate Sam's 4th Birthday at Universal Studios. Gavin has not been to ANY Orlando theme park.. I know, we live here, but I wanted to make sure that he really enjoyed them... especially for the price of tickets! So, when Dana said that the tickets were FREE, well, that was a price I could live with!!

Unfortunately, Ryan caught the nasty germs floating around in our house and was not able to join us... we missed him and Gavin has said MANY times "Daddy can come with us next time we go to the Universal."

Gavin at the entrance to Universal City Walk...
Mommy & Daddy spent many nights here pre-Gavin!


Gavin & Mommy on our way into Islands of Adventure

In line for our FIRST ride... "The Cat in the Hat"

Gavin & Sam riding on a cow with 10 feet in McGrew's Zoo

Having SO much fun!

Mommy & Aunt Dana in the Truffula Trees... we speak for the trees!

The "boys" meeting SPIDERMAN!!
(He's showing Gavin how to do the Spiderman fingers... Sam has it down pat!)

Look at those MUSCLES!!! Big Sam, Wolverine & Gavin

Gavin right after his FIRST roller coaster... Woody Woodpeckers Nuthouse Coaster
"Mommy, it made it hard for me to breathe... I don't want to do that again"

Best seat in the house!! Watching The Eighth Voyage of Sindbad (aka The Pirate Show)

Looking for dinosaur bones...

Checking out dinosaur eggs...

More dinosaur bones... this was a favorite!

I said, "growl like a dinosaur".. this is what I got! :)

Having so much MORE fun!

Watching the show...

Dance monkey, dance! :)

What a crew!!!
Mr Justin, Aunt Dana, Curious George, The Man with the Yellow Hat, Big Sam, Katy & Gavin

"Curious George is my best friend!"

After a super busy day, the little ones fell asleep in their strollers. We walked around the park for a bit and decided that we could stay for the Mardi Gras parade that night...

Gavin woke up with a new friend... SPIDERMAN!

Doing some dancing with Aunt Dana!

Waiting for the parade... eating ICE CREAM for dinner!

Here comes the parade!!!! Throw me something mister!

Check out the LOOT!!!

Thank you Mr Justin for the AWESOME beads!!!!

We had a great time and hope to make another trip soon!!! :)

2 comments:

Nana said...

Looks like so much fun!! I agree with Gavin on the Roler Coaster ride.

fsumonique said...

AWESOME!! Great pics!