Aug 5, 2009

Future Barber??

I knew this day would come. The day that our dear, sweet son would take scissors to his beautiful hair and cut a nice chunk out of it. I knew that one day, this would happen. I guess I was just thinking that it would be tomorrow.. and then tomorrow.. and so on.

Well, the day has come. Gavin took his "kid scissors" and gave himself a "new do." I guess Gavin ran into the garage and Ryan came in the house saying the words no mother wants to hear... "Katy, did you see what YOUR son did?" I (of course!) went running and there I found a very proud Gavin with a part in his hair, where there was none before.



I cannot believe how close he got it to the scalp! So close, that our ONLY option was to buzz it and give him a summer hair cut!




Oh yes, mommy teared up a bit. His hair has NEVER been this short. For those that do not remember. Gavin was BORN with more hair than this!!



Ryan assured me that A) he looks fine, B) it will grow back and C) his hair grows quickly, so not to worry. I know.

Later that night, Gavin came to me and said "Mommy, I'm sorry I cut my hair and we had to shave it." It made me smile... he's all heart... even with a "hoodlum" hair cut.

1 comment:

fsumonique said...

ahhhh, that's why the buzz cut. The story makes it that much more adorbale!! I like it- easier to manage, right?! :)