Dr. Berry and his staff were fantastic!
We were taken into the examination room and the dental assistant showed Gavin the alligator and his BIG toothbrush... she showed him how to brush the alligator's teeth properly. He loved it!
She commented that he was "much more matured and well behaved than the 4 year old I just saw." That's what mothers LOVE to hear... made my day!!
Dr. Berry came in a few minutes later and did an examination. Gavin sat on my lap (facing me) and laid back with his head in Dr. Berry's lap. He counted his teeth (20!) and said he looks great! He did say that the paci needs to go... Gavin has developed a severe under-bite on the left side of his mouth and he will need a device in a few years to widen his palate. He said that thumb suckers and paci lovers tend to get this, but Gavin's is more prominent and will not fix itself. So... bye, bye paci! (wish us luck!)
3 comments:
GOOD JOB Gavin!!!! You are such a BIG Boy. Nana & Papa are proud of you. I hope momma & daddy have a good check up too.
I thought Sofia had Gavin's paci? I'm pretty sure I remember Gavin giving 2 of them to Sofia and saying he didn't need them. Hmmm... the paci fairy must of brought them back. Ha ha
Aw yeah I remember that I needed to stop sucking on my fingers because my teeth starting getting all messed up. I started getting a gap, but once I quit...it fixed itself! Godd luck with the paci!
Post a Comment