Jul 6, 2008

Weekend recap...

Whew.. what a weekend! We had a fun-filled-jam-packed last few days...what a BLAST! (heehee.. I couldn't resist!)

Friday, we headed down to the Winter Park, Old Fashioned Fourth of July Celebration and met a few friend there and made a new "feathered friend" too!


Gavin's first game.. newspaper-shuffle-race!


The next game... the old wooden egg on a spoon game!


Getting his face painted for the first time!


Sitting very still!


Look.. I'm SpiderMan!!


"Mommy, that's a really BIG bird!" (with friend Jillian)


Best seat in the house.


Friends... Gavin, Micah (with fan in her mouth) and Reagan.
(Doesn't this look like a band poster?)


Gavin and Reagan in a chugging contest! LOL

After the fun morning; we headed home and all took naps...
That night, we braved the masses and headed downtown to see the fireworks at Lake Eola. It was PACKED and I'm glad we didn't get there until 7:30pm. We walked around and checked out all the fun vendors that were set up.. there was an awesome petting zoo and some fun bounce houses to check out.

We found a great spot and sat down with some firework snacks and waited for the big show.


Waiting for the fireworks...

The moment they started, I could feel Gavin's heart pounding... and he said "I want to go home." We packed up and started to head out... and then he said.. "I want my fireworks"

I think the echo from the buildings was louder than the actual BOOM from the fireworks... we found a spot in a parking lot and watched the rest of the show there. Gavin loved them!!





Yesterday (Saturday) we took Gavin to see Kung Fu Panda
Kung Fu Panda

He sat the WHOLE time (minus one potty break) and when the movie was over; he asked for it again!

We went out for sushi afterward and Gavin used chopsticks for the FIRST time.. did a great job too...sorry, no pictures.. I left the camera at home :(

Today, we went to church and then home for naps... which was needed after such a FULL weekend (aren't YOU tired just reading all about it?)

Hope you all had a happy holiday weekend!

4 comments:

fsumonique said...

OH! I wanted to take Kenz to see that! I love this success story... I might brave it! ;)

Bar-b said...

holy cannoli, I am tired. Sounds like you had a lot of fun. I loved reading about his doings and seeing micah and reagan too!!!!!! so sweet, and yes, they looked like a band cover. They are so big KT.

Sarah Marie & Adam Robert said...

I love the games Gavin played he looked so mature. It seems like just yesterday we were at your house for a play date and non of our children could walk. Time sure does fly by.

Ross & Tricia McLain said...

what fun! i do need a nap now...