Mar 24, 2010

Someone Special

Being raised as an only child, I did not have the joy of having a brother or sister... the good and the bad that comes with it all.. but I am SO lucky to have my cousin, who is like a sister to me. We are only a couple weeks apart (I'm older!) and growing up we shared so much.. like two sisters would! We fought, laughed, cried and grown up together...

As we have gone from girls, to teenagers to women... we have shared in many life adventures and I am SO blessed to have her in my sons' lives. Christy looks at Gavin and Caden as her nephews and they call her "Aunt KeKe" (well Caden doesn't call her anything.. yet! )

Gavin's school had a special breakfast today where they were able to invite someone special to share it with and OF COURSE he invited his Aunt KeKe. I was so happy to have her there and I know she was honred to have been asked to be there for him!

1 comment:

Christina said...

OMG - you just made me cry... in a very happy way of course. I love you so much my beautiful cousin!! Thank you for sharing your family with me and being such an amazing sister. Looking forward to seeing you this Sunday!